Down & Dirty Secondary

When I switched my degree yet AGAIN in undergrad (5th time's a charm!) to become a special education teacher, I just knew that I wanted to work with early elementary children. As time went on, I began to love all of my field observations in secondary classrooms. By the time I graduated from Texas Tech University, my heart and soul was in secondary.

{screeeech}

But aren't secondary children mean and smelly?

They can be at times. But they are also unique, quirky, and sarcastic...just like me!



Anyone who works in secondary knows that it is a different ballgame. There's no cutesy children clipart, not every classroom is decorated top to bottom, and we know anything nice we own will be destroyed. 


I want us to be able to talk about what really goes on in our classrooms. The down & dirty, nitty gritty, both good & bad parts of being a secondary teacher. Let's share our visions and experiences and learn from each other!

Come back here on the 3rd Monday of every month for a new secondary topic linky. Be sure to follow me on social media so that you can find out the month's topic in advance. 

What are some things you would like to see on Down & Dirty Secondary? Comment below with your ideas!

post signature


No comments

Back to Top