New Year's Resolutions-Teacher Style


Happy New Year! It's crazy to me that we are already in 2015. In a few short months, I will have completed 5 years as an educator. I can't believe the time has flown by in the blink of an eye! 

I am not one big on New Years Resolutions, but I decided that I need to do some reflecting of my own this year. Hope you enjoy. :)

I, Mylie James at Edison Education, do hereby swear to adhere to (or attempt, whatever) the following New Year's Resolutions within my classroom:

  • I resolve to let go of more of the little things students do that annoy me.
  • I resolve to do more hands-on activities.
  • I resolve to take more work home during the week in order to have weekends free with my family.
  • I resolve to eat more with my fellow teaching peers instead of eating while doing work in my classroom.

These may seem like small resolutions to you, but they are areas that can be a challenge for me at times. If you are someone who has already mastered the above skills, kudos! Let me know your secrets!

We all know that no teacher is perfect, but I hope that each and every one of us takes the time to reflect at least once a year on ourselves. If we are never growing and changing then we become stagnant, like pond scum. Eeeww!

What are some areas that you wish to improve on within your own classroom? Share below! (No judgment, I promise)

Sincerely, 
Mylie James 

Photo taken courtesy of Blastr

No comments

Back to Top